Uhip's Merino Baselayers are made from 100% fine Merino Wool (mulesing-free) with the softest micron value of 19,5. and have all the good benefits of wool. It provides excellent insulation and moisture wicking which regulate the temperature in a completely natural way and also keeps dry even during intense activity. Wool textiles are naturally odour resistant, and have anti-bacterial properties as well as give UV-protection. Manufactured in Europe.
- 100% merino wool free from mulesing
- Micron Count: 19.5
- Material weight: 160 g/m2
Wool fibres provide excellent insulation, regulate temperatures, prevent odours and work perfectly for activities with varying intensity levels.
In addition to good warming properties, the merino wool also has the following qualities:
- Temperature regulating effect
- Absorbs sweat and excess heat while giving a cooling effect under warm conditions
- Merino wool has high UV protection, up to UV40 +
- The merino wool fiber has a thinner diameter than ordinary wool and is therefore softer and more elastic than ordinary wool
- The thickness of the wool is measured in microns. The finer the wool fiber, the softer it is. Fine wool is between 17-23 microns. Spring is at 19.5 and counted as Fine Merino soft enough to be used for toddler clothes
- Self-cleaning and odorless
- Antibacterial properties
A little extra information:
The wool protects the sheep against heat up to 35 degrees and cooling down to -20 degrees
It is the high air content of the wool (80% air 20% wool) which gives the wool its good properties