With a checklist long as a marathon race in the middle of winter with snow, rain and sudden temperature changes, you have to be in sync as horse parents. The cold can be a tough opponent but Uhips smart and functional products give you the tools to defeat it.
For Tobias and Malin Jonberg it´s all about planning to get away with their horse projects. Daughter Alicia, 12, is already competing at the elite level while competitions for little brother Casper are a fairly new phenomenon.
For me who is out a lot in all weathers, it’s a must to wear clothes that are windproof and water resistant
For the most part, the Jonberg family has five horses in training. That follows long days that usually do not end until after 9 PM. Tobias and Malin do a lot in common but some tasks they divide. Tobias keeps the riding track in shape, retrieves pellets and hay silage, alfalfa, minerals, and other feed. He is also responsible for the water replenishment, ensures that the horse truck is fueled and washed, shops and prepares most of the family´s food. An active life demands the right clothes.
The fact that Uhip now launched a men´s collection is something Tobias makes a big thumbs up for.
Uhip has turned it around and understood that it is important to manufacture clothes even for dads
Without committed parents, no competing children. Tough, but true. Equestrian sports require high demands all year round, especially during the Nordic winter climate, A och O is to stay warm to handle all the long days in and around the training and racing courses.
– Super nice, the pants fit really well. I use them every day and among many advantages, I have found out that they´re almost completely dirt repellent. They’re very easy to brush. The trousers withstand wind and are made of a nice material that keeps me warm, says Tobias.
Your hands are particularly vulnerable when you hold the reins and the adjustable sleeve is a really clever idea
Malin trains and coaches the children in dressage and groundwork, cuts horses, fixes and buds manes, showers horses, change bits and keeps the stable clean. She drives the children to and from the stable, attends training, runs the family´s social media and regularly trains herself to better help the children. For several years, Malin has been using Uhip’s clothes.
– First and foremost, the clothes are nice; without good design, you don´t want to buy them. But what you also see at Uhip is there is a meaning along with the riding. For me, who is out in a lot of weather, it is a must to have clothes that are windproof and water resistant, says Malin.
As an optimal everyday combo, she and Alicia have a skirt and jacket, perfect layer-by-layer garments. In case of cleaning the stables, for example, the jacket can be easily removed, while the skirt still keeps you warm. Similarly, a pony parent can easily help remove the skirt if the rider gets hot while riding.
– A smart function I have discovered is the zipper, that you can drag from the top down. It makes it easy for me with undressing when Alicia sits on the horse. The leg cords also hold them in place and make sure to keep warm, says Malin.
– The hands stay especially vulnerable when holding the reins and the adjustable sleeve is a really neat idea. The other day, when it was rainy and wet, Alicia lowered her sleeves and stayed warm as she rode. Casper stood next to her and froze his hands despite wearing gloves, says Malin.
Tobias’ latest addition to his wardrobe is Uhip´s new men´s jacket, also with smart functions in the sleeve.
The jacket is just like the pants; nice, hearty, withstand wind, hold heat and sit well
– It´s perfect for me when, for example, I have to lengthen the leather or stretch a saddle. It feels like a function that I will find more and more the longer I use the jacket. The jacket is just like the pants; nice, solid, can withstand wind, keeps warm and fits well. When a was cleaning the stable the other day I had to remove it because it was t-o-o warm. That´s a good rating for the jacket, says Tobias.